June 29, 2010

Everything to Me

(warning...potentially mushy gushy post)
Music plays a pretty big role in our relationship (and as I've seen going around blog world, obviously does in just about everyone else's relationships!). Fiance helped grow and mold my taste in music and expand my horizons. One of his top 3 childhood dreams was to become a musician. He knows his way around a guitar. There are a few different bands within his circle of friends. We tend to be old souls, seeking a sound with a blues edge. It is very effective for a guy like fiance who has a difficult time expressing his emotions with regular words. Music has continually defined our relationship.
-He had me make a mix cd before we even started dating with bands like The Who, Thin Lizzy, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Elton John
-Fiance serenaded me with Bob Dylan's "Wallflower" when he asked me to prom (yes we went to senior prom together =D)
-We danced to the Rolling Stones' "Wild Horses" on a hilltop overlooking sacramento the night he told me he loved me
-He made up this whole mime with ridiculous facial expressions and hand gestures to the Stones' "Beast of Burden". That song still makes me laugh, and reminds me of driving to the bank with him the summer after high school graduation
-i got us tickets to see bruce springsteen in concert for a graduation present
-He typed up the words to Dylan's "I'll Keep It with Mine" for me when we broke up early in our relationship
-Jackie Greene's "Falling Back" defined us after getting back together
-Lyle Lovett's "Nobody Knows Me" always reminds me of sweet moments
-We saw bob dylan in concert (and kings of leon opened!)
-On road trips up to Northern California we sing Jackie Wilson's "(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher" at the top of our lungs
-we saw BB king in concert
-fiance says I'm his favorite person, Ray Lamontagne's "You are the best thing" was a perfect fit
-When I went to Europe, Coldplay's viva la vida had just come out, and "strawberry swing" made me miss fiance terribly
-when fiance picked me up from LAX when i got back from europe, he sang Joe Cocker's "you are so beautiful" while we sat in traffic on the 405
-Van Morrison's "sweet thing" has always been one of fiance's favorite songs. He had it playing when he proposed to me.
-Fiance tries to fit Tom Waits songs into any situation. His song "Picture in a Frame" will most likely be our first dance.

1 comment:

  1. and this is how you make a playlist, folks!

    wonderfully done!

    ReplyDelete