January 2, 2011

brown paper, white paper, stick it together with the tape, the tape of love*

I spent all day today printing our invitations, envelopes and cutting RSVP cards with a paper cutter. I may be a bit biased but I think they've turned out beautifully! It's amazing what a decent printer and MS Word can really do. I did invest in some quality paper from Paper Source. I purchased our save-the-date from them and was impressed with the quality and pricing. Fiance and I went into one of their stores a few weeks back, which was quite lovely, and stocked up on a few different shades of paper and envelopes for our whole ensemble. I downloaded a few free fun and unique fonts from this website and designed everything myself. I'll take some photos at some point. The hardest part of all of this was getting my new-to-me printer set up and working properly. Everything else was a piece of cake, and quite a bit cheaper than anything I've seen online. DIY success!

My first bridal shower is in less than 2 weeks and I've noticed a few items have started disappearing off our registry! So excited!

Next task: Start printing up Thank You cards. I have procrastinated on pretty much everything...but I need to be on the ball with those

*p.s. I couldn't resist the flight of the conchords "cello tape" reference... =)

No comments:

Post a Comment